Making cheese at home may seem impossible, but far from it. We can do it and we will love it. Also, is super cheap.
Another advantage is that by producing it ourselves we use less fat, its ingredients are basic and we surely have them in our kitchen.
Next, we show you the recipe to make a delicious homemade cheese that you will surely love.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 liter of milk
- Round mold (for the cheese)
- Cotton towel
- Put the milk in a saucepan and heat it for about 15 minutes approx.
- Add the yogurt and lemon juice, mix slowly for a few seconds and let it rest for 3 hours.
- Then, we proceed to strain it into another saucepan. Pour the mixture with the cloth or towel to separate the cheese from the whey.
- Precisely the part that remained in the fabric must be shaped and stored in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Next step, we remove it from the fridge, open the cloth and sprinkle a little salt on it.
- We wrap it again and put it in the fridge for 8 hours.
- After spending this time in the fridge, it will be ready.
One recommendation is to use the remaining whey into other recipes. Many use it to make bread and even biscuits, also to marinate meats, prepare fruit smoothies, etc.