Most people believe that high intensity workouts give the best results. Well, most people are wrong! The key to getting into shape is having the right mindset and understand what it takes to have a healthy lifestyle.
To be honest, exercising isn’t the easiest habit to maintain, but it’s definitely worth it. The key to achieving results is diligence and consistency. The first thing you need to understand is that doing high intensity workouts is not the only way to lose weight. Doing hard is not the answer and can be also bad for your overall health. The only thing you need to do if you want to lose weight and get into shape, is to be consistent. Commit to the form of exercising that works for you and don’t worry about intensity and duration.
Benefits of Walking
- Improves your mood
- Strengthen your bones
- Prevents many conditions such as: heart diseases, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Improves coordination and balance
- Maintains a healthy weight
We have created a 21-day walking plan that can help you lose weight and get into shape.
Here’s the 21-day plan:
Keep an easy and steady pace
- Day 1 – Start with 10 minutes.
- Day 2 – Walk for 12 minutes.
- Day 3 – Walk for 15 minutes.
- Day 4 – Walk for 18 minutes.
- Day 5 – Walk for 20 minutes.
- Day 6 – Walk for 22 minutes.
- Day 7 – Walk for 25 minutes.
Increase the intensity from easy to moderate
- Day 8 – Walk 14 minutes: 2 minutes easy-10 minutes fast-2 minutes easy cool down.
- Day 9 – Walk 16 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 10 – Walk 18 minutes: 3 minutes easy-12 minutes fast-3 minutes easy.
- Day 11 – Walk 20 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 12 – Walk 22 minutes: 4 minutes easy-14 minutes fast-4 minutes easy.
- Day 13 – Walk 24 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 14 – Walk 26 minutes: 5 minutes easy-16 minutes fast-5 minutes easy.
- Day 15 – Walk up/down the stairs or a path with increasing elevation for 15 minutes.
- Day 16 – Walk 25 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 17 – Walk up/down the stairs or a path with increasing elevation for 17 minutes. Add 2 minutes of fast walk.
- Day 18 – Walk 27 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 19 – Walk up/down the stairs or a path with increasing elevation for 17 minutes. Cool down with 3 minutes of easy walking at the end.
- Day 20 – Walk 30 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 21 – Fast walk for 25 minutes and end with an 8 minutes of easy walk.